Stepping away from the typical options from places like France, Italy and Spain, we explore brand new tastes and unique grape varietals with the Moldovan wines from Gitana Winery!
FUN FACTS OF MOLDOVAN WINE:
(1) The quality of its wine brings HUNDREDS OF AWARDS each year in the most reputed INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITIONS.
(2) Moldova has the HIGHEST DENSITY OF VINEYARD in the world.
(3) The 1ST & 2ND LARGEST WINE COLLECTIONS on the planet are located in Moldova.
(4) It has a PUBLIC HOLIDAY dedicated to WINE.
(5) It is the 3RD BOOZIEST COUNTRY in the world.
Located between Romania and Ukraine in Eastern Europe, the Republic of Moldova has a well-established wine industry and has been producing wines for 5,000 years! In terms of terroir, the vineyards have a similar latitude to the Burgundy region, having a temperate-continental climate and being within the proximity of the Black Sea, which protects the vineyards from cold winters.
Rooted in the Valul lui Traian region, Gitana Winery is owned and managed by the Dulgher family since 1999, and is one of the most appreciated wineries of the country. Their wines are complex and elegant, with a distinguished style that captures the particularities of its exceptional terroir.
We are delighted to introduce in our portfolio 3 new grape varieties through the wines from Gitana:
- Fetească regală: White variety, a natural cross between Fetească albă and Furmint.
- Rară Neagră: Red variety traditionally used mostly for blending with other grapes. Responsible for the fame of the wines
from the Purcari winery in the 18th century, before Cabernet Sauvignon was introduced in Moldova.
- Saperavi: Red variety originally from Georgia.
Whether your preference goes to white or red wines, we got you covered with classic and unusual grapes!
Gitana Winery Saperavi 2019 (1.5L)
Gitana Winery Autograf Chardonnay 2020
Gitana Winery Merlot / Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
Gitana Winery Rosu de Gitana 2019
Gitana Winery Saperavi 2020
Gitana Winery Riesling 2020
Gitana Winery Mănăstirea Rohrbach Cru 2019
Gitana Winery La Petite Sophie 2020
Gitana Winery Lupi 2017